MoreVisibility is seeking a passionate Digital Content Strategist to help envision and execute content strategy and content production/copywriting for our clients.
This role will be responsible for analyzing the web presence of our clients, developing a roadmap for improving the client’s business KPIs through the use of content, and then helping to execute and measure the impact of that vision.
Often, this will focus around opportunities to improve SEO (organic rankings, traffic, and conversions) through content that yields increased revenue for our clients. While you won’t be required to have technical SEO or website development expertise, a lot of the work will involve clients making changes to their website, so a passion for and an understanding of the fundamentals of how search engines and websites work will be important. This role will require a keen attention to detail and a desire to combine both creative and data driven decision making.
This position is A LOT creative (vision, strategy, and content creation), a bit data driven (using analytics platforms to help make decisions and tell the story), and some SEO (using search as a channel to grow an audience and convert them into customers).
The position reports to our Vice President Digital Services and will work closely with our Account Management and Search Engine Optimization teams.
Digital Content Strategist / Content Editor Responsibilities
- Passion for content in all its forms and a desire to keep learning and improving.
- Serve as an advocate for content strategy internally and externally to our clients.
- Audit the digital content of our clients to identify opportunities for the improvement of existing content and the creation of new content based on the client’s data, target audience, and business objectives.
- Conduct analysis and research on our client industries and competitive landscapes.
- Develop content strategies that outline a vision and prioritized roadmap for improving their business KPIs through the use of content.
- Leverage data for decision making and storytelling by using tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google AdWords Keyword Planner, and others.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create (copywriting and editing) engaging content on behalf of clients.
- Identify and prioritize recommendations for clients to maximize their digital presence through strong content on their websites, social media channels and other online vehicles.
- Analyze inbound (backlink) patterns, create strategies to help increase the value, quality, and quantity of inbound links that point to client websites, and assist with the execution of those strategies.
- Generate and pitch creative content ideas to clients across multiple verticals (B2B and B2C) such as Financial Services, Technology, E-commerce, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Travel & Leisure, and more.
- Create, review, revise and/or provide suggestions to improve client website taxonomy and content organization.
- Manage the workflow of your own projects efficiently and take responsibility for their timing and execution.
- Conduct keyword research and leverage this data for keyword targeting, topic ideation, and content optimization.
- Create and present content calendars and content distribution plans.
Digital Content Strategist / Content Editor Job Requirements
- Direct experience in leading content strategy and creating content (copywriting, design brief creation, etc.).
- Experience with SEO and its impact on content strategy.
- Experience measuring, reporting and presenting insights on content performance.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics as it relates to content performance (what metrics to measure for content performance, where to locate those metrics in the dashboard and making data driven decisions based upon them)
- Expert attention to detail.
- Knowledge of User Experience (UX) best practices for the web.
- Understanding of website fundamentals and general limitations.
- Ability to communicate internally to colleagues and externally to clients – via phone, email and during in-person meetings or presentations.
- Quick learner and creative problem solver.
- Working knowledge of social media channels and creative social content strategy (experience with advertising campaigns is a bonus, but not required).
- Ability to multitask and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Collaborates well with others on group projects to work toward a shared goal.
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- MS OFFICE skills required, especially with strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Independent worker; self-motivated.
To Apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
LOCAL CANDIDATES PLEASE. This is an onsite, in-office position – No telecommuting or working remotely.