Affiliate marketing can be a great way to drive online sales and lead generation. But, as with any marketing technique, affiliate marketing requires time, attention and expertise. Read our affiliate marketing blog posts to learn how to effectively market to, recruit and reward affiliates.
In a recent post, we discussed affiliate marketing basics, including who should use affiliate marketing and why. But the key to affiliate marketing success isn’t participation, it’s optimization. In this post, we’ll look at the best practices for launching and running a successful affiliate marketing program.
Internet marketers “in the know” have a secret weapon. Rather, they have many secret weapons – the affiliate marketers who advertise on their behalf in exchange for commissions.
Many big, well-known brands have been using affiliate marketing for years to supplement and complement their other digital initiatives, such as display advertising, social advertising, and content marketing.
If you’re unfamiliar with affiliate marketing, or want to know how it can play in the sandbox with your other digital marketing initiatives, read on; if you want to learn how to optimize your affiliate marketing program, check back soon for a follow-up post on that very subject.
With the holidays and Q4 around the corner, all merchants should have a checklist to help them boost their sales during the last quarter of the year.
The following items should be considered for a healthy Affiliate program:
1. Set up auto deposit in anticipation of the increased sales you will see in Q4. Consider adding a secondary funding source to assure your affiliate links will not break.
2. Update and optimize your website for performance on mobile devices and computers.
3. Focus on getting special promotions and creative up and running before it’s too late for the affiliates. If you are planning to have a special sale during the season, don’t wait until a week before the promotion is running. Chances are affiliates won’t use it as they already have a calendar of all promotions they will be running.
4. Send a monthly newsletter to your affiliates with hot sellers, coupons, sales content, gift ideas, etc. Keep affiliates up to date with tips and ideas on how they can best market your products.
5. Book premium placements with affiliate sites when available to you. Some affiliates will charge you a fee to assure a good placement for your promotion or product.
6. Gain Exposure with Holiday Promotions:
7. Maintain Data feed
Pass along Gift Guides: Gift guides are a popular way to promote a specific selection of products. Create a storefront/collection of products or put together product recommendations for your Affiliates.
Creative Check: Double check that the landing pages for your creative are working and correct. Keep in mind that in some cases deeper landing links tend to convert better than those directing to the homepage, especially if the banner reflects a specific section or category of your website.
If your Affiliate Marketing Program is important to you as a merchant then what are you waiting for? See your affiliate sales boost and close the year with new orders and happy customers all around the globe.