By now you should know how your holiday ads are performing. You may have even tweaked an ad here or there, based on which keyword groups and landing pages are working, and which are not. If you want to stretch your ad dollar even further, there’s a time-honored trick you can use: Ad Scheduling (also known as Dayparting).
By using Dayparting, you can schedule your ads to run when your key audience is likely to be online. For holiday shoppers, this might be around lunchtime and in the evenings. Before you do any “dayparting” though, it’s important to know for sure.
With the holidays and Q4 around the corner, all merchants should have a checklist to help them boost their sales during the last quarter of the year.
The following items should be considered for a healthy Affiliate program:
1. Set up auto deposit in anticipation of the increased sales you will see in Q4. Consider adding a secondary funding source to assure your affiliate links will not break.
2. Update and optimize your website for performance on mobile devices and computers.
3. Focus on getting special promotions and creative up and running before it’s too late for the affiliates. If you are planning to have a special sale during the season, don’t wait until a week before the promotion is running. Chances are affiliates won’t use it as they already have a calendar of all promotions they will be running.
4. Send a monthly newsletter to your affiliates with hot sellers, coupons, sales content, gift ideas, etc. Keep affiliates up to date with tips and ideas on how they can best market your products.
5. Book premium placements with affiliate sites when available to you. Some affiliates will charge you a fee to assure a good placement for your promotion or product.
6. Gain Exposure with Holiday Promotions:
7. Maintain Data feed
Pass along Gift Guides: Gift guides are a popular way to promote a specific selection of products. Create a storefront/collection of products or put together product recommendations for your Affiliates.
Creative Check: Double check that the landing pages for your creative are working and correct. Keep in mind that in some cases deeper landing links tend to convert better than those directing to the homepage, especially if the banner reflects a specific section or category of your website.
If your Affiliate Marketing Program is important to you as a merchant then what are you waiting for? See your affiliate sales boost and close the year with new orders and happy customers all around the globe.