Q: Is there a way to tell how often customers buy products together on my website?
1. To understand how often customers buy products together, study the Related Products report within Google Analytics. Related Products generates a list of products that users are purchasing on your website, as well as other products they purchased within the same transaction. Keep in mind, you’ll need to:
- Have eCommerce tracking enabled
- Ensure the Related Products feature is turned on
- Have 30 days of information collected so that Google Analytics has enough data to compile the list.
2. Related products can help in a variety of ways including:
- Product Bundling: Leverage these reports to understand what products you should put together in a promotion.
- Remarketing Campaigns: Choose products a user was looking, or that a customer also purchased with a different product, and remarket those back to the user.
- Email Marketing: Not sure which products to feature in your email message? Leverage the Related Products data to make an educated decision.