Q: Q1: What does optimizing your website for mobile really mean?
1. At a high level, designing your site to be mobile-friendly means designing your site so that it’s easily viewable on a mobile device with smaller real estate. To explain in further detail:
- Elements such as calls-to-actions in the form of a button are more prominent and immediately available when you’re viewing the screen.
- Forms are made accessible via a clickable icon with input fields being larger and prominently displayed.
- The important message that you’re trying to convey should be prominent as to avoid excessive scrolling.
2. You will find that your potential customers will be very frustrated and possibly give up which mean you won’t get the conversions you want. Since people won’t have a good mobile experience you’ll likely see high bounce rates in your Analytics. In short, people don’t have time to navigate frustrating sites and will end up going somewhere else.
3. You can’t ignore data. The number of mobile users increases day by day. If you don’t have a mobile-friendly site, you risk being at the end of the line when it comes to your competition.