Q: I’m overwhelmed by our brand’s never-ending content needs. Do you have any tips to help make it more manageable?
Assuming your content production is being driven by a cohesive strategy – if not, stop there and architect that – we have a few areas we suggest you focus on to ease content from being taxing and make it more useful and enjoyable for your team.
- Get organized or stay organized
- Know your needed content types: blog posts, web page/product updates, etc.
- Keep it all scheduled in a content calendar, with topics researched in advance
- Maintain that
- Stop – don’t produce content for content’s sake
- Think strategically about seasonality and evergreen topics as well as what channel will be the right fit for each of these types of content.
- Make it easier on yourself to write/produce content
- For topics you want to write about – create an outline (Who, What, etc.), fill in 1-2 sentences for each – you’ve nearly got a post
- Enlist help from experts within your own organization, such as your design team, and conduct interviews
- Consider outsourcing