Q: Do you have any suggestions for creating an optimal keyword strategy for SEO?
Yes! Keywords are a fundamental building block for SEO. If you want to maximize your Organic keyword strategy for the most potential success, there’s a variety of things you should consider.
- How’s your current Organic presence – and for what keywords are you ranking? Check out Google Search Console for more information.
- Do you have a well-defined Content Strategy with clear mapping of Personas / Audiences? If not, start there. If so, use that compilation of content needs to inform your keyword strategy.
- Conduct SEO Keyword research with free or paid tools:
- Start with a wide net of options to collect data on
- Potential search volume (popularity)
- Content you have vs. what you need to create
- Select your keywords and implement a prioritized plan for targeting:
- Low-Hanging fruit is adjusting targeting for content you already have
- More resource intensive is creating useful, new content
Not sure where to get started with keyword targeting or how to do it? Check out this webinar: Beyond Meta Tags: SEO Keyword Research and Content Optimization to learn more.